GRAPHIC + UI/UX DESIGNER
(Or you can download the pdf version HERE)
Motivated designer passionate about graphic design and clear user interfaces seeking a position to apply my experience in the field of interactive media while leveraging my efficient multi-tasking, strong organization skills, and diligent work ethics both cooperatively and independently.
- UI DESIGNER – Disney Interactive – Palo Alto, CA, May 2011-Mar 2014
- - Designed new and improved UI to streamline engaging gameplay on both iOS and Android mobile devices for titles such as Marvel Avenger’s Alliance.
- - Determined style guides for setting the overall look and feel of the mobile games.
- - Collaborated closely with designers and front end engineers in-house and in India to polish the games in XCode and CocosBuilder as a Technical Artist.
- FREELANCER – Independent Clients – Worldwide, 2006-Present
- - Illustrated concept/game art, and character designs for international clients.
- - Created a flyer for Gerdau, leading company in the production of long steel.
- - Designed flyers, programs, websites, and apparel for UCLA Yukai Daiko, Chinese Student Association, and Japanese Animation Club.
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER – Long Beach State Athletics – Long Beach, CA, Sep 2010-Jun 2012
- - Strengthened Long Beach Athletics’ brand identity.
- - Responsible for conceptualizing and creating promotional posters, flyers, magazine covers, and postcards.
- CURATOR ASSISTANT – Broad Art Gallery – Los Angeles, CA, 2010
- - Installed the Gadget OK! exhibition featuring the exploration of connecting art, design, technology, science and entertainment.
- - Served as point of contact for students, faculty and visitors attending the show.
- MARKETING DESIGN INTERN – UCLA Athletics – Los Angeles, CA, 2009-2010
- - Generated ads and flyers on a weekly basis for the Athletics Marketing Director.
- - Designed print media to effectively execute marketing strategies such as sports brochures, posters for the biggest match of the year, banners that were advertised on buses, and baseball trading cards.
- DESIGN INTERN – Tokyopop, Inc. – Los Angeles, CA, 2009-2009
- - Created print and flash ads to be packaged for publishing.
- - Laid out and updated book covers and sell sheets.
- - Developed digital stamps, icons, and tickets for their booth at the NY Comicon.
- MARKETING REP – Adobe Systems, Inc. – Los Angeles, CA, 2006-2007
- - Represented Adobe on campus to promote Adobe CS3.
- - Independently marketed and outreached to student groups, generating increased awareness.
- EVENT PLANNER – Fremont Teen Center – Fremont, CA, 2005-2006
- - Organized Graphic Novel & Manga Expo for City of Fremont.
- - Planned and illustrated murals and flyers for the event.
- - Coordinated panels, performances, and serviced attendees.
- - Expert in Adobe CS6: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Fireworks
- - In-Depth Knowledge: HTML, CSS
- - Fluent: English, Cantonese
- - Conversational: Mandarin, Japanese
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES 2006-2010
- Major: Design | Media Arts
- Minor: Asian Languages (Japanese)